by Sue Austreng
After Anoka-Hennepin School District’s re-elected board members (Tom Heidemann, Marci Anderson and Scott Wenzel) took their oaths of office Jan. 9, the board got down to the business of electing officers and designating official entities.
Heidemann was again named chairman of the board, while Anderson again takes the role of clerk.
Boardmember John Hoffman was elected vice chairman and Boardmember Michael Sullivan resumes his task as treasurer. Boardmembers Wenzel and Kathy Tingelstad continue as directors.
Board members also designated official entities:
• Official newspapers: Anoka County Union, Blaine/Spring Lake Park Life, Coon Rapids Herald, Brooklyn Center Sun-Post, Brooklyn Park Sun-Post and Champlin-Dayton Press. All are published by ECM Publishers and ECM-Sun Group, LLC.
• Official depositories: Blaine State Bank, US Bank, TCF Bank, 1st National Bank of Elk River, Minnesota School District Liquid Asset Fund, Wells Fargo Bank and Maple Bank.
• Official investments financial institutions: Wells Fargo, US Bank, PFM/Minnesota Liquid Asset Fund and Springsted Financial Advisors.
Expenses of school board members were also determined during the Jan. 9 school board meeting.
School board members will receive $1,200 per month to cover expenses incurred in fulfilling their responsibilities. Chairman Heidemann will receive $1,300 per month for that purpose.
Calendar year 2012 appointments were also made during the organizational portion of the Jan. 9 school board meeting.
Those appointments remain as they were in 2011:
• Heidemann will serve as Association of Metropolitan School Districts representative.
Hoffman serves as alternate.
• Wenzel will serve as representative for the Brooklyn Park Alliance for Youth.
Hoffman serves as alternate.
• Sullivan will serve as representative for the Community Education Committee. Hoffman serves as alternate.
• Hoffman will serve as representative for the Metro Educational Coop. Services committee. Tingelstad serves as alternate.
• Anderson will serve as Minnesota School Board Association (MSBA) representative liaison. Heidemann serves as alternate.
• Wenzel will serve as representative for the Northwest Suburban Integration District Board. Anderson serves as alternate.
• Hoffman will serve as representative for Schools for Equity in Education (SEE). Heidemann serves as alternate.
• Anderson will serve as TIES liaison. No alternate has been named.
• Anderson will serve as Labor Management Committee representative. No alternate has been named.
• For the Minnesota State High School League, each board member will represent the high school located in his/her district: Sullivan – Andover High School; Heidemann – Anoka High School; Anderson – Blaine High School; Wenzel – Champlin Park High School; Tingelstad – Coon Rapids High School.
Sue Austreng is at email@example.com