Fire damages deck, porch in Ham Lake

A Saturday evening March 17 fire in Ham Lake damaged an outdoor deck and part of a four-seasons porch, according to Ham Lake Fire Chief Don Krueger.

According to Krueger, nobody was at the home in the 3600 block of 140th Avenue. A neighbor saw smoke, went to investigate and discovered that the deck had caught fire. The call came in around 6:20 p.m. March 17.

The fire reached the adjacent four-seasons porch and the attic before it was extinguished not long after fire crews arrived, Krueger said. The Andover and Spring Lake Park-Blaine-Mounds View (SBM) fire departments provided mutual aid.

Krueger said the fire is still under investigation, but it appears the fire started on the outdoor first-story deck due to an electrical wiring problem.

Eric Hagen is at eric.hagen@ecm-inc.com

Comments Closed

up arrow