Local track and field stars showed their muster while competing against the state’s best in the April 27 Hamline Elite Meet.
Maggie Ewen of St. Francis and Tom Anderson of Andover defended their Hamline Elite Meet throwing titles.
State record holding thrower Ewen won both her throwing events while setting a new meet record in the discus with a throw of 154-7.
Her Elite Meet champion shot put throw measured 46-00.50
Anderson won shot put with a new meet record distance of 61-02.75.
In the discus, Anderson finished second with a throw of 167-08.
Andover’s Maggie Kurtovich, Raquel Thelen, Karlie Hauer and Taylor Nivala won the girls 4×100 meter relay race with a time of 49.42.
Coon Rapids’ Rozlyn Lund broke the tape in the 400 meter dash with a winning time of 57.47.
Taylor Morgan of Blaine won the 100 meter dash with a time of 12.76 while Taylor Nivala of
Andover finished eighth with a time of 13.12.
Local boys had a strong showing in the triple jump with Ky’Eric Baynes of Anoka finishing second with a distance of 44-06.75, Moe Strong of Anoka finishing seventh with 41-09.75 and Zach Roy of Andover finishing eighth with 41-05.50.
Roy later finished ninth in long jump with a distance of 19-07.75.
Other girls’ notables
• Jessica Justin of St. Francis placed seventh in the triple jump with a distance of 34-09.75.
• Taylor Nivala of Andover finished third in the 200 meter dash with a time of 26.45. She also placed sixth in the 100 meter dash while Courtney Purcell of Blaine placed 10th.
• Katelyn Fritz of Anoka finished ninth in the 1600 meter run with a time of 5:13.31
• Nicole Christenson of Coon Rapids finished sixth in the high jump with 5.02.00.
Other boys’ notables
• Andover’s 4×800 meter team of Mitch Fisher, Kurt Hellmann, Chris Meados and Steven Cotter finished 10th with a time of 8:11.89. Cotter finished eighth in the 800 meter run with a time of 1:59.48.
• Stewart Heltemes of Anoka finished fifth in the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 15.13.
• DeShawn Crutch of Andover finished third in the 300 meter hurdles with a time of 39.55. He finished sixth in the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 15.65.
• Lucas Osowski of Coon Rapids finished 10th in shot put, throwing 50-08.25.
• Nick Krouse of Andover finished eighth in long jump with a distance of 19-09.75.
Sue Austreng is at firstname.lastname@example.org