Fire damages Ramsey townhome complex

A carelessly discarded cigarette caused extensive damage to a Ramsey townhome the early morning hours of May 13.

A carelessly discarded cigarette was the cause of a garage fire that damaged three Ramsey townhomes and a RV early Sunday morning. Photo submitted

A carelessly discarded cigarette was the cause of a garage fire that damaged three Ramsey townhomes and a RV early Sunday morning. Photo submitted

Ramsey firefighters were called to 15546 Fluorine St. a little after 1 a.m. Sunday to battle the fire, which started in the garage.

The fire caused extensive damage to the unit as well as an RV parked outside of the garage, said Ramsey Fire Chief Dean Kapler.

Two neighboring townhomes in the four-unit townhome building were also damaged.

“Ramsey police officers did a good job getting everyone out safely,” Kapler said.

Firefighters also did a good job knocking the fire down within 45 minutes, he said.

Andover and Anoka-Champlin fire departments were called in to assist with fire operations.

During the fire call, firefighters also had to rescue a family dog in one of the townhomes, Kapler said.

There were no major injuries, he said.

Damage reports have not been completed yet.

Tammy Sakry is at tammy.sakry@ecm-inc.com


Comments Closed

up arrow