Miss Coon Rapids 2012, Samantha Phillippi is throwing a party – a princess party.
It will take place Saturday, May 19, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the Epiphany School meeting rooms.
It is a free event with any donations given to the Children’s Miracle Network.
This year’s event will again be held in conjunction with Epiphany Church and School’s annual Springfest celebration May 18, 19 and 20.
Girls are invited to come dressed as their favorite princess and enjoy fun crafts and activities as well as spend time with Miss Coon Rapids and the Coon Rapids Junior Royalty, according to Diane Buszta, Miss Coon Rapids Scholarship Pageant director.
“You can even get your picture taken with Samantha to put up at home,” Buszta said.
Some of the activities planned are:
• Royal snacks – decorate a crown shaped cookie. There will be frosting and lots of sprinkles and decorations plus a popsicle stick to put the cookie on when it’s done.
• Royal photos – digital cameras and printers will be available so the “princesses” can take a photo with the Coon Rapids royalty, then it will be printed out for them to take home.
• Treasure dig – a big bucket of sand with jewelry and other things buried in it to dig and find.
• Princess coloring pages.
• Princess crafts – make a crown and sashes.
• Gem stations – make beaded necklaces and bracelets.
In addition, there will be pin the crown on the princess, princess stories, face painting, nail painting and tattoos.
Snacks will be provided.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.