Walk in the Garden series set to begin
The University of Minnesota Extension – Anoka County Master Gardener volunteer program is sponsoring A Walk in the Garden educational series of gardening classes at the Bunker Hills Activities Center, 550 Bunker Lake Blvd. N.W., Andover.
Six classes are scheduled throughout the summer on select Wednesday evenings in the Veterans Peace and Master Gardener demonstration garden south of the activities center from 7 to 8 p.m.
Session topics are:
• Herbs! You’ve Grown Them; Now What? – June 6.
• Plants and Pets – How Safe are Yours? – June 20
• 2012 Color Combinations in the Veterans Memorial Display Garden – July 11
• Gardens of the Night – July 25.
• Garden Scene Investigators: Exploring the Creepy Crawlies in the Garden – Aug. 8.
• Gardening to Attract Hummingbirds and Butterflies – Aug. 22
Classes will be taught by Anoka County Master Gardener volunteers and will include many useful gardening tips and University of Minnesota research-based information.
These classes immediately follow the plant and insect diagnostic clinics, also held at the Bunker Hills Activities Center.
Classes are free, but pre-registration is required due to space limitations. Donations to the program are welcome.