Beste named to MCAC All-Southern Division baseball team
• Anoka-Ramsey Community College freshman Kelby Beste has been named to the 2012 Minnesota College Athletic Conference (MCAC) All-Southern Division baseball team. Beste, a catcher, is a graduate of Brookings High School.
Fregeau, Bocovich honored with All-MIAC award
• As part of a conference-wide sportsmanship initiative, the MIAC (Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) selected Bethel University sophomore Courtney Fregeau and Hamline University senior Carolyne Bocovich as members of the sixth annual All-MIAC Sportsmanship team for women’s outdoor track and field. Fregeau and Bocovich, both of Andover, were selected by their coaches and teammates as individuals who demonstrate the ideals of positive sportsmanship both on and off the field.
Ekpo wins MIAC outstanding performance honors
• In recognition of record-setting high jump in the 2012 MIAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships May 12-13, Eyo Ekpo, a St. Thomas University student athlete from Andover, received the men’s outstanding performance-of-the-mMeet award. Ekpo set a new Concordia stadium record, with his winning jump of 6 fet 10.75 inches. Ekpo, a junior, earned the same honor at this year’s indoor meet for his win in the triple jump. He also was named the outdoor outstanding field athlete in 2010, and has been the outstanding field athlete in each of his three indoor performances.
Luedtke, Randall, Dooley win 2012 MIAC softball awards
• Alyssa Luedtke, Laura Randall and Sierra Dooley, all graduates of Spring Lake Park High School, were honored when the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) announced its 2012 softball awards.
Luedtke, a sophomore outfielder for St. Catherine’s University, was named 2012 MIAC All-Conference player; Randall, a junior utility player for Hamline University, was named honorable mention All-Conference; and Dooley, a senior at the College of St. Benedict, was named to the 2012 All-MIAC Sportsmanship Team.
Kvidera named all-American
• Emily Kvidera was named all-American by the National Golf Coaches Association. Kvidera, a Spring Lake Park High School graduate currently a junior at Augustana College, was also an All-America honorable mention honoree in 2010-11. She was named all-NSIC (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference) and NSIC golfer of the week on April 18 and finished third at the NSIC championship. Kvidera placed ninth at the national tournament.