Smartphone and tablet users can now access the library at their fingertips wherever they are with the new Anoka County Library mobile app.
The free app is compatible with web-enabled phones, including iPhone and iPad, Android, Blackberry, J2ME, Palm OS, Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile.
“Our society is more mobile than ever,” said Anoka County Commissioner and the Anoka Library Board liaison Jim Kordiak.
“Putting this vital resource at your fingertips will help people better connect with the resources of Anoka County Library.”
Through the Anoka County Library’s mobile application, “Anoka Co Lib,” mobile users can:
• Search the library catalog
• Renew or place holds on materials
• Download eBooks and eAudio books
• Use the Book Look feature to scan a book’s barcode to see if the library owns the book
• Find library hours, maps, directions and free programs and classes
• Ask a librarian questions via phone or e-mail
• Connect with Anoka County Library on Facebook and Twitter
“Libraries make it easy to get what you need, whenever and wherever you are,” said Robert Thistle, Anoka County Library Board president.
“This is just one more example of how they are changing to serve you better.”
For technical support contact email@example.com or stop by a local Anoka County Library.
This mobile application is funded by the Metropolitan Library Service Agency (MELSA).