St. Francis Level 3 sex offender violates parole

Thirteen days after moving to St. Francis, a Level 3 sex offender is back in prison.

Robert Ziemann, a Level 3 sex offender, has been returned to jail after violating his parole. Photo submitted
Robert Ziemann, a Level 3 sex offender, has been returned to jail after violating his parole. Photo submitted

Robert Lee Ziemann, 27, moved to the 230th Court neighborhood June 15 and was arrested June 28 because corrections officials discovered he had a electronic device with Internet capabilities.

As a condition of his parole, Ziemann is not allowed to “own or operate any device that allows for Internet capabilities,” said Dylan Warkentin, Anoka County Community Corrections Department director.

“This is a technical violation only and there are no known allegations of new crimes committed,” he said.

At a July 12 court hearing, Ziemann was found to have violated the rules of his parole and was sent to Minnesota Correctional Facility in Lino Lakes for 79 days.

Once Ziemann has completed his 79-day sentence, it is uncertain if he will return to St. Francis or to another location in Anoka County, Warkentin said.



During a June 13 sex offender public meeting, Ziemann’s history was discussed as were the rules of his parole.

Ziemann has a history of engaging in sexual contract, including fondling and penetration, with girls between the ages of seven-13. He was known to his victims.

According to the county department of corrections, Ziemann was convicted in 2005 of first-degree criminal sexual conduct as well as third-degree criminal sexual conduct in separate incidents. He was a juvenile at the time.

As an adult, Ziemann was convicted of possessing burglary tools, a felony, in 2006 and was sentenced to 19 months in prison.

At the same time, the probation that Ziemann had received for his two criminal sexual conduct convictions was revoked.

While in prison, Ziemann was also convicted in 2007 of violating a harassment order for making calls from prison to someone with whom he was supposed to have no contact and was sentenced to a year and a day in prison.

The harassment was not related to the sexual conduct cases.

He was released from prison in February.



When Ziemann moved to St. Francis, he was placed under house arrest and had to wear a GPS ankle monitor.

He was only be allowed to do approved activities until October 2015 when his sentence ends and he was supposed to spend 40 hours a week engaged in constructive activities, which have to be approved by the correction agents.

He also must have no contact with children.

Tammy Sakry is at [email protected]

Comments Closed