It’s time again for ABC Newspapers annual amateur photography contest. So start searching your photos for that award-winning entry and send it into our contest.
Photos can be of any subject matter and can be submitted either electronically or in print.
All photographs are judged on a scale of one to 10 by newsroom staff members based on technical ability, creativity, composition and overall impression of the photograph.
This year’s prizes are:
First place: $75 National Camera Exchange gift card
Second place: $50 National Camera Exchange gift card
Third place: $25 National Camera Exchange gift card
Ten honorable mentions: $10 National Camera Exchange gift cards
All photo entries must be submitted to ABC Newspapers by Wednesday, Aug. 15 at 5 p.m. There are no exceptions.
The first-, second- and third-place photographs will be published in the Anoka County Shopper on Aug. 29 and ABC Newspapers on Aug. 31 and the 10 honorable mention winners will appear in the Anoka County Shopper on Sept. 5 and the Anoka County Union and Coon Rapids Herald on Sept. 7.
All entries, including the winners, can be viewed at www.abcnewspapers.com beginning Aug. 29.
Only photos submitted with a self-addressed, stamped envelope will be returned.
All other photos may be picked up from ABC Newspapers after Aug. 29.
Electonric entries should be submitted via the submission form at http://abcnewspapers.com/photo-contest/. Photos should be submitted in the highest resolution possible to allow for proper reproduction in print. Further information on photo sizing is available online.
For those submitting print entries, entry forms are also available at at our office.
If you have questions regarding the photo contest, contact Kelly Johnson at 763-712-3511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• This contest is for amateur photographers only living in the Anoka County Shopper distribution area (Anoka County and Champlin).
• All photographs must be taken by the person whose name appears on the entry form. However, the picture can be taken anywhere.
• One photo per person. Fill out the entry form entirely and tape it to the back of the print photograph. Electonric entries must be submitted online at www.abcnewspapers.com.
• Entries must be submitted by the deadline, Wednesday, Aug. 15 at 5 p.m., to ABC Newspapers, 4101 Coon Rapids Blvd., Coon Rapids.
• Entry forms may be reproduced.
• Employees, employees’ spouses and relatives of ABC Newspapers or ECM Publishers are not eligible.
• Only pictures up to 8 inches by 10 inches will be accepted.
• Pictures can be either color or black and white.
• Photographs must not be framed or mounted. Slides, transparencies, photocopies and Polaroids are not acceptable.
• Digital photography will be accepted only if the picture is printed on photographic paper, and the picture cannot be manipulated.
• Lewd, indecent, obscene, nude or pornographic photographs will not be accepted, nor will photos that depict cruelty toward animals or humans.
• Electronic entries must be submitted in the higest resolution possible (at minimum shot with a 2 megapixel camera at full resolution or 1,600 by 1,200 pixels or larger).
• Judging will be done by the writing and editorial staff at ABC Newspapers. The decision of the judges is final.
• Only photos with self-addressed, stamped envelopes will be returned. All other photographs can be picked up Aug. 29.
• Only winners will be notified and published in the newspaper and shopper. All entries can be viewed online at www.abcnewspapers.com beginning Aug. 29.
Any photograph not meeting these rules will be disqualified at the discretion of the judges without notice to the photographer.
Kelly Johnson is at email@example.com