Volunteers of America’s Minnesota Senior Mental Health Services, which helps adults 55 and older navigate life’s challenges through age-specific mental health counseling, is available at the Coon Rapids Senior Center every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Services are covered by Medicare, Medical Assistance and most major health insurance plans.
According to the Minnesota Senior Mental Health Services website, licensed mental health therapists have dual competency in mental health and older adult concerns, while taking their time to center services on the unique needs of each individual participant.
Program therapists can address many different issues including:
• Stress (including grandparenting and caregiving stress).
• Relationship difficulties.
• Bipolar mood disorder.
• Grief and loss.
• Adjustment to life transitions.
• High risk, self-sabotaging behaviors.
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Suicidal ideation.
• Frequent hospitalization.
For more information, call 763-225-4054 or check out at www.smhvoamn.org.