The Anoka Women of Today is a dynamic group of women that focuses on community organization and serving the Anoka area. The group encourages women of all kinds to work together, get involved in the community and hold positions of leadership. The Anoka Women of Today has been serving the community since 1960.
Foundations supported by the group include:
• The Dylan Witschen Foundation
• Local food shelves
• Alexandra House
• Friendship Ventures/people with developmental challenges
• Kelsey’s Angels
• Isaac’s Journey (childhood cancer)
• March of Dimes
Everyone is invited to celebrate Women of Today Week Sept. 23-29. The Anoka Women of Today will be hosting a variety of events that anyone in the Andover, Anoka and Ramsey are more than welcome to come and check out.
• Sept. 24, Anoka for a Ghosts of Anoka tour
• Sept. 26, highway clean up
• Oct. 3, member awareness night – come make tye dye shirt at 7 p.m. in the community room at Anoka City Hall
• Oct. 11, district meeting, 6 p.m. Anoka City Hall
• Oct. 16, general meeting – come see what Anoka Women of Today are all about 7 p.m., Anoka City Hall
• Oct. 27, Anoka Spooktacular parade and Make a Difference Day.
For more information visit http://anokawomenoftoday.weebly.com.