Every two years, more than 122,000 households in Anoka County receive the Recyclopedia, a guide produced by Anoka County about how to reduce waste, reuse resources, recycle more and dispose of materials safely.
This “go to” guide is tailored to each of the 21 communities within Anoka County.
New this year, the cover of the Recyclopedia will feature a photo taken by an Anoka County resident through a “Send Us Your Best Shot” cover contest.
The winning photo will be featured on the cover of the 2013-2014 Recyclopedia.
“This is a great way to raise awareness of all the great information the Recyclopedia has to offer and to showcase the talents of our Anoka County citizens,” said Anoka County Commissioner Jim Kordiak, who chairs the county’s Waste Management and Energy Committee.
“In addition to the cover shot, additional photos will be selected to be featured on the county’s web site www.anokacounty.us.”
The rules are:
• Photos will only be accepted now through Oct. 19.
• Amateur photographers only.
• Open to Anoka County residents only.
• Photo must be taken in Anoka County within the past two years.
• Digital photos only with minimal manipulation, i.e., color correction, cropping, etc.
• Photo must be a single work of original material.
• Minimum size 5 by 5 and 300 dpi but no more than 5 mb. Accepted formats are JPG or JPEG.
• Photos will not be returned.
Contest participants grant Anoka County permission to use submitted photos for educational or promotional purposes with credit given.
Submit the photo to email@example.com and include contact information (name, address, phone, email) as well as details about when and where the photo was taken.