Allina Health is teaming up with Free Bikes 4 Kidz to collect donated bicycles for kids in need.
People can bring new or gently used bikes to these locations on Oct. 13 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
• Mercy Hospital, 4050 Coon Rapids Blvd., Coon Rapids.
• Unity Hospital, 550 Osborne Road, Fridley.
• Allina Medical Clinic – Blaine, 10705 Town Square Drive N.E., Blaine.
• Allina Medical Clinic – Coon Rapids, 9055 Springbrook Drive, Coon Rapids.
• Allina Medical Clinic – Ramsey, 7231 Sunwood Drive NW, Ramsey.
Allina Health will also donate bicycle helmets and concussion prevention information to those who receive bikes.
“Everyone remembers that first bike. We want every child to have that experience. Biking is fun, a great way to get around and excellent exercise,” said Kenneth H. Paulus, president and chief executive officer of Allina Health.
Allina Health and Free Bikes 4 Kidz collected 5,000 bikes last year. They were refurbished and redistributed in December, just in time for the holiday season. For a complete list of collection sites, go to allinahealth.org. For more information or to volunteer, visit FB4K.com.