Want to learn more about Anoka-Hennepin School District’s specialty schools and programs? Open houses begin this month and run through the beginning of January.
Applications for the schools must be postmarked by Jan. 15, 2013.
Applications will be available next month at the schools or www.anoka.k12.mn.us.
Students enroll for the Secondary Technical Education Program (STEP), Coon Rapids High School Biomedical Program and Champlin Park High School International Baccalaureate (IB) program through the regular high school registration process.
Students who do not live in the Coon Rapids or Champlin Park high school attendance areas must apply for an in-district transfer.
Applications for the following schools must be completed online at the NorthWest Suburban Integration School District (NWSISD) website at www.nws.k12.mn.us: University Avenue Elementary – Aerospace and Children’s Engineering, Anoka Middle School for the Arts and Blaine High School Center for Engineering, Mathematics and Science (CEMS).
Open house schedules are as follows:
• Champlin Brooklyn Park Academy for Math and Environmental Science, 6100 109th Ave., Champlin, Dec. 4, 6 to 7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/cbpames.
• Evergreen Park World Cultures Community School, 7020 Dupont Ave. N., Brooklyn Center, Dec. 4, 6 to 7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/evergreenpark.
• Lincoln Elementary School for the Arts, 540 South St., Anoka, Nov. 12, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/lincoln.
• Monroe Elementary School – Mathematics, Science and Children’s Engineering, 901 Brookdale Drive N., Brooklyn Park, Jan. 8, 6 to 7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/monroe.
• University Avenue Elementary – Aerospace and Children’s Engineering, 9901 University Ave. N.E., Blaine, Nov. 13, 6 to 7 p.m.; Jan. 10, 5 to 6 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/university.
• Anoka Middle School for the Arts – Washington Campus, 2171 Sixth Ave. N., Anoka, Dec. 10, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/amsa.
• Jackson Middle School – A Specialty School for Math and Science, 6000 109th Ave. N., Champlin, Dec. 12, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/jms.
• Champlin Park High School – International Baccalaureate (IB), 6025 109th Ave. N., Champlin, Dec. 11, 6:30 to 8 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/cphs.
• Coon Rapids High School Biomed Program, 2340 Northdale Blvd., Coon Rapids, Dec. 3, 6 to 7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/crhs.
• Secondary Technical Education Program (STEP), 1353 W. Highway 10, Anoka, Jan. 3, 3 to 7:30 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/step.