The Anoka-Hennepin School Board will interview candidates Jan. 10 to fill the District 3 seat vacated when John Hoffman was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in November 2012.
District 3 includes Champlin, Dayton and parts of Coon Rapids.
Ten people have applied for the vacant school board position and board members could interview four or five candidates during the Jan. 10 interview session, scheduled to begin at 5 p.m.
Interviews will take place in the board room at the Sandburg Education Center, 1902 Second Ave., Anoka.
The public is invited to attend these interviews.
The 10 candidates are:
• Grace Baltich, Champlin, social worker
• Dr. Jeff Baumann, Coon Rapids, family physician
• Bill Harvey, Champlin, sales-project director
• Brad Johnson, Champlin, adjunct professor of English and English education
• Timothy Kroening-Smith, Champlin, architect and enterprise oracle doing business as performance tuning specialist
• Gregory Payer, Champlin, accounting and financial management
• Lisa Sanchez, Dayton, physical therapist
• Suzanne Scheller, Champlin, solo practitioner and owner/independent contract attorney and compliance/risk management consultant
• James Stephen Sebesta, Champlin, software engineer
• Gregory Tomlinson, Coon Rapids, special education paraprofessional
The person appointed to represent District 3 will be sworn in during the school board’s regular meeting 6:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 14.
The new board member’s term will begin immediately after appointment and expires in 2014.
Sue Austreng is at firstname.lastname@example.org