Anoka-Hennepin School Board members went about their obligatory annual organizational duties during their Jan. 14 meeting.
First board members re-elected Tom Heidemann as chairman of the board.
“We’ve had some tough times this past year, but together we worked to get through them,” Heidemann said. “I look forward to another year.”
Heidemann represents District 1 – Anoka, Andover, Ramsey and Coon Rapids.
Next board members appointed Bill Harvey, Champlin sales project director, to the District 3 seat on the board, left vacant when John Hoffman was elected to the Minnesota Senate back in November.
District 3 includes Champlin, Dayton and part of Coon Rapids.
Anoka-Hennepin board members next elected Marci Anderson to serve as their vice chairman. Anderson represents District 2 – Blaine and Coon Rapids.
Dr. Scott Wenzel, representing District 5 – Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Coon Rapids and Fridley – was elected clerk; and District 4 representative Mike Sullivan was elected treasurer. District 4 includes Andover, Ham Lake, Nowthen, Oak Grove, and Ramsey.
In addition to newly-appointed board member Harvey, Jeff Simon also serves on the board. Simon represents District 6 – Coon Rapids and Andover – and was appointed in July 2012 to fulfill the remainder of the term vacated when Kathy Tingelstad resigned March 5.
Further organizational duties had Heidemann appointing board members to serve as Anoka-Hennepin School District representatives in a variety of capacities:
• Association of Metropolitan School Districts representatives: Heidemann and Anoka-Hennepin School Distrit Superintendent Dennis Carlson
• Brooklyn Park Alliance for Youth: Wenzel
• Community Education Committee: Sullivan
• Metro Educational Cooperative Services: Harvey
• MSBA Representative Liaison: Heidemann
• Minnesota State High School League: District 11 – Heidemann; Andover High School – Sullivan; Anoka High School – Heidemann; Blaine High School – Anderson; Champlin Park High School – Harvey; Coon Rapids High School – Simon
• Northwest Suburban Integration District Board: Wenzel
• Schools for Equity in Education: Harvey
• TIES Liaison: Anderson
• Health and Wellness Committee: Harvey
• Labor Management Committee: Anderson and Heidemann
• Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction Committee: Heidemann, Wenzel and Simon
• Consent Decree Compliance Committee: Heidemann
Sue Austreng is at [email protected]