With two new members on the Coon Rapids City Council, there were some changes made to 2013 city representatives on outside organizations.
New Councilmembers Ron Manning and Steve Wells have replaced Melissa Larson and Scott Schulte, respectively, neither of whom sought re-election at the Nov. 6, 2012 general election.
Appointments approved by the council include:
• Anoka County Joint Law Enforcement Council: Wells, who is a retired Coon Rapids police chief, and current Police Chief Brad Wise with Councilmember Bruce Sanders as alternate.
• Anoka-Hennepin Community Education Advisory Council: Councilmember Denise Klint with Manning as alternate.
• Metro Cities; Councilmember Paul Johnson with Councilmember Jerry Koch as alternate.
• League of Minnesota Cities: Johnson with Klint as alternate.
• Local Government Information Systems (LOGIS): City Manger Steve Gatlin and IT director Dave Sack.
• Minnesota Metro North Tourism (TC Gateway): Koch and Gatlin with Johnson as alternate.
• Schwan’s Super Rink Joint Board: Mayor Tim Howe and Wells with Sanders the alternate.
• Northstar Corridor Development Authority: Sanders with Howe as alternate.
• North Metro Crossing Coalition: Sanders with Howe the alternate.
• Lower Rum River Watershed Management Organization: Manning with Sanders as alternate.
Peter Bodley is at [email protected]