Dryer fire at Coon Rapids home

Residents of a Coon Rapids home were evacuated Monday when the dryer caught on fire in the laundry room.

A Coon Rapids Police officer, first on the scene at 8410 Redwood St. N.W. shortly after noon Feb. 18, reported heavy smoke and flames coming from the dryer.

According to the Coon Rapids Fire Department run report, the house was filling up with smoke on arrival and the fire crew encountered a moderate smoke condition in the basement laundry room where flames were on and around the dryer.

Following a quick knock down, hydraulic ventilation and fans were used to remove the smoke from the rest of the house and the dryer was taken outside.

The dryer pipe and exterior vent were also removed, the fire department run report states.

Property and contents damage was estimated at $10,000.

Peter Bodley is at peter.bodley@ecm-inc.com

Comments Closed

up arrow