Vierling earns WIAC honors
• UW-Stout sophomore forward Zach Vierling (Coon Rapids) was named to the All-WIAC honorable mention team with eight goals and eight assists, which was fifth best on the team. He had the game winner in overtime against St. Scholastica Feb. 15 and followed that with a two-goal game in a 5-2 win over the Saints.
Raihle earns NSIC Diver-of-Year honor
• St. Cloud State sophomore diver Tori Raihle (Spring Lake Park) was named Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference Women’s Diver of the Year after winning the three-meter diving event with 477.30 points.
Hecker heads back to NCAAs
• St. Scholastica senior skier Jeremy Hecker is the first Saints skier to qualify for multiple NCAA Championship races. Hecker placed 16th (10-kilometer classic) and 36th (20-kilometer freestyle) at the NCAAs last year, has finished in the top five in nine races this season and is the first St. Scholastica skier to earn first team All-CCSA honors. The NCAA Skiing Championships will be hosted at Middlebury College in Vermont March 6-9.
Tellgren dives to record
• RIT diver John Tellgren (Anoka) crushed his own record and recorded the second best score in the history of the UNYSCSA Championships in the one-meter diving event recording 548.85 to place second at the conference swim championships in Ithaca, N.Y., Feb. 23-24. He finished second as Ithaca’s Matt Morrison scored a 553.30 to set a new all-time mark.
Christianson sets high jump mark
• St. Scholastica freshman Nicole Christianson (Coon Rapids) broke the UMAC Indoor Championship record in the high jump clearing 5 feet 1.75 inches, but placed second as the team clinched its fourth straight team title inside the Burns Wellness Fieldhouse in Duluth Feb. 23.