A variety of activities to celebrate the Easter season are being held throughout the ABC Newspapers coverage area. These events include:
• Easter Bunny at Northtown Mall: The Easter Bunny will be available for visits and photos with children in his springtime garden located in the Burlington Court now through Saturday, March 30. He will be available Mondays through Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 6 p.m. He has scheduled carrot breaks Mondays through Saturdays from 1:15 to 2 p.m. and 5:15 to 5:45 p.m. and on Sundays from 2:15 to 3 p.m. Photo packages are available starting at $17.99.
• An Easter egg hunt will be held Saturday, March 23, 10:30 a.m. to noon, at Christ Lutheran Church, 641 89th Ave. N.E., Blaine. This egg hunt and party is held indoors and includes many fun activities for children age three through grade five, their families and friends. A free will offering is taken at the door to cover expenses.
• Anoka Women of Today will hold its egg hunt and party Saturday, March 23, 10 a.m., at George Green Park, located at the intersection of Seventh Avenue and Brisbin in Anoka. Easter Bunny will be there. There will also be basket drawings, games, crafts and more.
• Nowthen Lions Club Easter egg hunt: Saturday, March 23, 9:30 a.m., at Nowthen Park, 19800 Nowthen Blvd. N.W., Nowthen. There will be egg hunts for ages zero to two, three to five and six to eight. A special golden egg will be hidden for each group. Bring a basket for the eggs. The Easter Bunny will also be available for photos.
• Spring Egg Hunt: Saturday, March 23 at Airport Park, 2130 105th Ave. N.E. in Blaine. No registration is required, but participants must check in by 9:50 a.m. The egg hunt begins at 10 a.m. Plastic eggs filled with candy are hidden on three different softball fields depending on the child’s age. Kids will have the opportunity to gather at least eight eggs. Bags are provided.
• An Easter Eggstravaganza will be held March 24 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Lord of Life Church, 14501 Nowthen Blvd. N.W., Ramsey. The Easter bunny will be available for pictures, there will be an Easter egg hunt and a children’s craft. The Student Life Ministry will be serving brunch (free will donation).
• Easter egg hunt will be held at Culvers of Coon Rapids, Foley and Coon Rapids boulevards, March 30, 10 a.m. There will be two separate, age-group egg hunts, with a bicycle awarded to each age group winner. There will also be live music, free books and face painting.
• Springbrook Nature Center Spring Fling: Saturday, March 30 from noon to 4 p.m. at 100 85th Ave. N.E., Fridley. The cost per child is $5 in advance or $6 at the gate. Kids ages two and under get in free. The event includes costumed characters, storybook gardens, treats along the trail and a family friendly petting zoo. New this year are the egg Olympics and rabbit trail fun. Carnival games and delicious concessions can be enjoyed for an additional fee.
• Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, 19001 Jackson St. N.E., East Bethel, will hold an Easter Eggstravaganza, including worship and an Easter egg hunt, Saturday, March 30, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Chain of Lakes Church will hold an Easter egg hunt Saturday, March 30, 11 a.m., on its property, located on the northwest end of The Lakes development in Blaine. For more information, visit www.colpres.org.
• Northern Light Church, a branch of United Methodist Church of Anoka, will hold an Easter egg hunt Saturday, March 30 at 1 p.m. Northern Light is located at 6701 Highway 10, Ramsey.
• Kingswood Church, 1264 109th Ave. N.E., Blaine, will hold an Easter egg hunt Saturday, March 30 at 6 p.m. and Sunday, March 31 at noon.
Kelly Johnson is at email@example.com