The Coon Rapids Assessing Department will host an informational forum in the Coon Rapids City Council Chambers Monday, April 22, 7 p.m., to discuss the valuation process.
Topics to be covered include:
• Estimated market values and how the values are determined.
• The assessing cycle/sales comparable timeline.
• The assessment review area.
• How value is related to property taxes.
• Recent residential housing trends.
This meeting is not meant to appeal individual values but to discuss how the valuation process works, according to City Assessor Ned Storla.