The Anoka County Board will be going on the road for five more of its meetings this year.
Earlier this year, the board moved two of its meetings – Jan. 22 to Circle Pines and Feb. 12 to East Bethel – from the Anoka County Government Center.
That was because of technology upgrades taking place in the county board meeting room on the seventh floor.
Two years ago, when County Commissioner Rhonda Sivarajah became board chairperson, she initiated a policy that a number of county board meetings would take place in the commissioner districts – there are seven of them – during the year as a means of increasing transparency and encouraging people to attend.
Meetings that will be on the road for the remainder of 2013 are:
• Tuesday, May 14 – Columbus City Hall, 16319 Kettle River Blvd.
• Tuesday, July 9 – Lexington City Hall, 9180 Lexington Ave.
• Tuesday, Aug. 13 – Linwood Township Hall, 22817 Typo Creek Drive.
• Tuesday, Sept. 10 – Nowthen City Hall, 19800 Nowthen Blvd.
• Tuesday, Oct. 8 – Oak Grove City Hall, 19900 Nightingale St. N.W.
County board meetings start at 9:30 a.m. with meetings of the board’s Management Committee taking place at 8:30 a.m.
The county board meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month, except for December when the meetings take place the first Friday and third Tuesday.
Peter Bodley is at email@example.com