Springfest, the annual parish celebration of Church of the Epiphany, Coon Rapids, takes place Friday, May 17, 5 to 10:30 p.m.; Saturday, May 18, 11 to 10:30 a.m.; and Sunday, May 19, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The event will feature carnival rides and games, bingo, beer tent, food, books/purses/jewelry sale, photo studio and booth, brick oven pizza, quilt raffle, fair hair and entertainment.
Activities Friday, May 17 include a pasta dinner by Chili’s from 5 to 7 p.m. and a concert by the band, Hitchville, from 7 to 10 p.m.
Saturday, May 18 has several events.
• A 5K fun run, new to Springfest this year, will start at 9 a.m. Register on active.com; there is a $20 registration fee for individuals with discounts for families.
• Princess Party hosted by Miss Coon Rapids Emily Kallis is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• The 451st Army Band will perform from 2 to 3 p.m. in celebration of Armed Forces Day. The concert will begin with a multi-service color guard, representation from all five branches of the military and a military equipment display will be available.
• A petting zoo is open from noon to 5 p.m.
• Knights of Columbus steak dinner will be served from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
• The Johnny Holm Band will be in concert from 7 to 10 p.m.
The final day of Springfest, May 19, will include a chicken dinner served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and a talent show at noon followed by music by David Dean and the Misfits with special guest Ralph Hintz from the Castaways.
The grand raffle – tickets are $2 each – will have a first prize of $5,000, second prize of $2,500, third prize of $1,000 and three $500 prizes.
To attend Springfest on Friday and Saturday evenings after 5 p.m. there will be an entrance fee – $5 per person or $15 for families.
Epiphany is located at 11001 Hanson Blvd., Coon Rapids. For more information go to www.epiphanymn.org.