• Two area high school graduates were named to the 2013 MIAC Softball Playoff All-Tournament team including Augsburg senior outfielder/shortstop Bri Dorale (Anoka) and St. Catherine junior outfielder Alyssa Luedtke (Spring Lake Park). Dorale, the 11th-ranked Auggies lead-off hitter went 4-for-5 with three runs, two walks and one stolen base in losses to Bethel (11-2) and Saint Benedict (8-5) to end the season with a 12-28 record.
Luedtke, St. Catherine’s leadoff hitter went 5-for-8 in the two-game set. She scored five runs in a 13-12 win against Macalester and drove in one run and scored another in a 6-2 loss to top-seed St. Thomas, May 3.
Each were also named to the All-MIAC squad along with Hamline senior outfielder Laura Randall (Spring Lake Park).
• North Central College freshman Katlyn Wilke (Andover) played in 14 of the Cardinals 17 games, starting three times. She finished with two goals, one assist, eight ground balls and four caused turnovers to help the team set a new program high for wins with a 12-5 record.
• St. Thomas sophomore secondbaseman Sam Miller (Anoka) went 1-for-4 to help the Tommies capture its ninth straight post-season MIAC Tournament, 33rd regular season title and 11th in a row. St. Thomas beat Concordia 11-2 in the MIAC Championship game after posting a 19-1 regular season record. Miller hit .227 (22-97), 22 runs scored, four doubles, one home run and drove in 15 runs in 37 games as the Tommies prepare for the NCAA Division III national tournament.
• Augsburg freshman infielder, Andrew Juhlkowski (St. Francis) went 3-for-9 at the plate with one triple, drove in five runs. scored three runs and had three walks in three starts this spring.
• Carlton College sophomore Jorde Ranum (Spring Lake Park) was named to the 2012-13 All-MIAC Sportsmanship Team. Ranum carded 11 rounds between the fall and spring seasons with an 83.2 scoring average. His latest event being the St. Johns Winter Invite, April 28, which he carded a two-round +20 over par tie for 63rd place out of 89 golfers. He placed 11th in the season-opening Bethany Lutheran Triangular with an 11th place overall finish Sept. 6, 2012.