The University of Minnesota Extension – Anoka County Master Gardener volunteer program is sponsoring A Walk in the Garden educational series of gardening classes at the Bunker Hills Activities Center, 550 Bunker Lake Blvd. N.W.
Six classes are scheduled throughout the summer on select Wednesday evenings in the Veteran’s Peace and Master Gardener Demonstration Garden south of the activities center from 7 to 8 p.m. as follows:
• June 12 – Dirt Therapy — A Great Reason for Gardening.
• June 26 – Tantalizing Texture in the Garden.
• July 10 – Using Native Plants in the Home Landscape.
• July 24 – Creative Color Combinations.
• Aug. 7 – Fragrant Annuals and Perennials.
Aug. 21 – Design Concepts in the Landscape.
Classes will be taught by Anoka County Master Gardener volunteers and will include many gardening tips and University of Minnesota research-based information.
These classes immediately follow the plant and insect diagnostic clinics, which also take place at the Bunker Hills Activities Center.
Classes are free, but pre-registration is required due to space limitations. Donations to the program are welcome.
Call 763-755-1280 to reserve a space.