The Anoka County Library’s mobile laptop lab will be at Mississippi Library, Fridley, in August presenting a wide variety of hands-on computer classes to help participants learn the computer skills they need for their job and career.
“If you don’t have computer skills, this is a great way to become accustomed to the tools of nearly every trade these days,” said Anoka County Commissioner Robyn West.
Classes are free to participants but space is limited. Registration is required for all classes.
“Computer skills are a necessity in today’s job market,” said Anoka County Library Board President Bob Thistle.
“Take advantage of these free classes to sharpen your skills, presented at a convenient location – your neighborhood library.”
Visit anokacountylibrary.org or call 763-571-1934 to register for the following classes presented by the Science Museum of Minnesota and the Twin Cities Media Alliance:
• Microsoft® Word Introduction for Your Job and Career, Part 1, Monday, Aug. 5, 5:45–7:45 p.m.
• Internet Introduction for Your Job and Career, Tuesday, Aug. 6, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Microsoft® Word Introduction for Your Job and Career, Part 2, Wednesday, Aug. 7, 5:45–7:45 p.m.
• Microsoft® PowerPoint Introduction for Your Job and Career, Saturday, Aug. 10, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Microsoft® Excel Basics for Your Job and Career, Monday, Aug. 12, 5:45-7:45 p.m.
• Create a Website for Your Business or Organization, Wednesday, Aug. 14, 5:45-7:45 p.m.
Visit www.positivelyminnesota.com/AnokaWorkshops to register for both days of LinkedIn, presented by the Anoka County WorkForce Center:
• LinkedIn – day one, Tuesday, Aug. 6, 1-4 p.m.
• LinkedIn – day two, Thursday, Aug. 8, 1-4 p.m.
The Mississippi Library is located at 410 Mississippi St. in Fridley.
These Anoka County Library programs are presented by the Science Museum of Minnesota Computer Education Center, Twin Cities Media Alliance and the Anoka County WorkForce Center and are funded by the Metropolitan Library Service Agency and Anoka County WorkForce Center.
For more detailed class information or to register online for classes, visit anokacountylibrary.org or call 763-571-1934.