STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF ANOKA
TENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE: OTHER CIVIL
Court File No.: 02-CV-13-4946
Northland Mortgage Company and its successors and assigns and all other persons or entities claiming any right, title, estate, lien or interest in the real estate described in the Summons and Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS ABOVE-NAMED.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Heley, Duncan & Melander, PLLP
8500 Normandale Lake Blvd.,
Minneapolis, MN 55437
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Anoka County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot 8, Block 2, Sunnyland (the Property).
The object of this quiet title action is for a declaratory judgment of this Court that Daniel L. Bell is the fee owner of the Property free and clear of any remaining right, title or interest of the Defendants, including the lien of defendant Northland Mortgage Companys Mortgage Document No. 446996.
Dated: September 3, 2013
HELEY, DUNCAN & MELANDER, PLLP
Steven R. Little (#0304244)
8500 Normandale Lake Boulevard
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55437
Attorneys for Plaintiff
Published in the
Anoka County Union
September 20, 27, 2013