Man given 20 years probation for breaking into St. Francis home

A man who pleaded guilty in Anoka County District Court to breaking into a St. Francis home has been placed on probation for 20 years.

Dustin Travis Daudt, 21, Isanti, entered a guilty plea in June to a first-degree burglary charge and at sentencing Aug. 23, he was given credit for 111 days spent in jail and was given the option of doing community service work in lieu of a $500 fine.

Probation conditions include no direct or indirect contact with the victims, no assaultive, abusive, threatening or disorderly behavior, pay restitution totaling $1,036, chemical dependency evaluation, random urinalysis and breath tests on demand at his own expense, no possession or use of alcohol or drugs and no use or possession of firearms.

A first-degree burglary charge filed against a second suspect in the case, Kyle Christopher Paine, 29, Coon Rapids, was dismissed earlier this year.

According to a court document filed by prosecutor Brenda Sund, assistant Anoka County Attorney, the charge against Paine could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

According to the complaint, a female homeowner on Riverbank Lane was awakened around 4:40 a.m. Nov. 14, 2012 by the sounds of a woman screaming and male voices yelling.

When she got up, she saw two men running past her and she recognized Daudt as one of them.

According to the woman’s nephew, he had got up to investigate strange sounds coming from the attached garage and when he opened the door, he saw Daudt and another man he allegedly identified as Paine running toward the door.

He attempted to shut and lock the door while calling out he was going to call the police.

After Daudt and Paine allegedly forced their way into the house, the nephew said Daudt checked to make sure the police had not been called and then ran up the stairs to the room of second woman in the house.

Daudt began assaulting her, hitting her in the back of the head several times and demanding his shoes back.

When the nephew tried to intervene, Daudt punched him several times in the head and caused him to fall.

Daudt and Paine ran out of the house when they heard the homeowner yelling.

According to the women, Daudt had called her earlier in the evening and told her that if she did not return his property he would beat her.

Peter Bodley is at
[email protected]


Comments Closed