Tombstones rest on hallowed lawns. Witches shriek in the night sky and bloodthirsty vampires search for hapless wanderers while a pumpkin king reigns over a field of rotting corn stalks.
The scenes play out in front yards throughout Anoka and beyond. Three homeowners have been named winners in the 2013 Anoka Halloween/US Bank house decorating contest.
Ten of the competing properties will be on display 7-9 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Oct. 25, 26, and 27) during a public viewing event.
Addresses of those participating are as follows:
• 1st Place Winner: 981-38th Lane, Anoka
• 2nd Place Winner: 1909-6th Ave. S, Anoka (open for limited viewing on Sunday)
• 3rd Place Winner: 1300-4th Ave., Anoka
• Honorable Mention: 1603-9th Ave., Anoka
• Honorable Mention: 15780 Potassium St. NW, Ramsey
• 3705-157th Ave. NW, Andover
• 5183-171st Ave. NW, Andover
• 3530 Placer Ave., Anoka
• 2649-140th Ave. NW, Andover
• 14281 Zilla Street NW, Andover
Sue Austreng is at