Open houses begin this month at Anoka-Hennepin School District’s specialty schools and programs and run through the beginning of January.
Applications for admittance to the specialty schools must be postmarked by Jan. 15, 2014. Those applications will be available next month at the schools or on the district’s website, www.anoka.k12.mn.us.
Applications for the following schools must be completed online at the NorthWest Suburban Integration School District (NWSISD) website, www.nws.k12.mn.us: University Avenue Elementary School – Aerospace and Children’s Engineering, Anoka Middle School for the Arts and Blaine High School Center for Engineering, Mathematics and Science (CEMS).
Open house schedules are as follows:
• Champlin-Brooklyn Park Academy for Math and Environmental Science, 6100 109th Ave., Champlin, Dec. 3, 6-7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/cbpames
• Evergreen Park World Cultures Community School, 7020 Dupont Ave. N, Brooklyn Center, Dec. 4, 6-7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/evergreenpark
• Monroe Elementary School – Mathematics, Science and Children’s Engineering, 901 Brookdale Drive N, Brooklyn Park, Dec. 5, 6-7 p.m. and Jan. 7, 6-7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/monroe
• University Avenue Elementary – Aerospace and Children’s Engineering, 9901 University Ave. NE, Blaine, Dec. 10, 6:30-7:30 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/university
• Anoka Middle School for the Arts – Washington Campus, 2171 Sixth Ave. N, Anoka, Dec. 9, 6-7:30 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/amsa
• Jackson Middle School – A Specialty School for Math and Science, 6000 109th Ave. N, Champlin, Dec. 3, 6:30-8 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/jms
• Blaine High School – Center for Engineering, Mathematics and Science (CEMS), 12555 University Ave. NE, Blaine, Nov. 25, 7-8:30 p.m.; http://www.anoka.k12.mn.us/bhs
• Champlin Park High School – International Baccalaureate (IB), 6025 109th Ave. N, Champlin, Dec. 10, 7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/cphs
• Coon Rapids High School Biomedical Program, 2340 Northdale Blvd., Coon Rapids, Dec. 3, 6-7 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/crhs
• Secondary Technical Education Program (STEP), 1353 W. Highway 10, Anoka, Dec. 12, 3-7:30 p.m.; www.anoka.k12.mn.us/step
Students enroll for the Secondary Technical Education Program (STEP), Coon Rapids High School Biomedical Program and Champlin Park High School International Baccalaureate (IB) program through the regular high school registration process.
Also, students who do not live in the Coon Rapids or Champlin Park high school attendance areas must apply for an in-district transfer.