Applications are being taken for the 2014 Coon Rapids Citizens Academy.
Participants get a close up look at city government in the seven-week program.
The academy gives residents a behind-the-scenes glimpse of local government.
It will take place on Monday evenings starting March 3 and continuing through April 14 from 6:30-8:30 p.m., at different locations.
• Week one Monday, March 3, a welcome to the academy and introduction to city operations (city council, city manager, city clerk, CTN Cable TV) in the Coon Rapids City Center council chambers plus a tour of the CTN studio next door.
• Week two Monday, March 10, finance, budgeting and assessing/civic center, Coon Rapids Civic Center training room.
• Week three Monday, March 17, community development and planning, Coon Rapids Civic Center training room.
• Week four Monday, March 24, police department and city attorney, Coon Rapids City Center council chambers and Coon Rapids Police Department.
• Week five Monday, March 31, fire department at Coon Rapids Fire Station 1.
• Week six Monday April 7, public works, engineering and utilities/capital projects, Coon Rapids Public Works Department.
• Week seven Monday, April 14, Bunker Hills Golf Course, final discussion, graduation celebration, Harvest Grill.
The program is limited to 20 participants.
Application deadline is Friday, Feb. 14, 4:30 p.m.
To apply fill out an online registration form on the city’s website at http://www.ci.coon-rapids.mn.us/citizenacademy/index.htm.
For more information call Cathy at 763-767-6493.
Peter Bodley is at email@example.com