The 16th annual North Metro Home and Garden Show will take place Saturday, Jan. 25 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the National Sports Center in Blaine.
For the second year in a row, the show will be at the Sport Expo Center, 1740 105th Ave. NE.
The show is sponsored by the cities of Blaine, Fridley and Mounds View and is free to attend. It will include vendor booths to answer questions on home remodeling projects and financing them.
Seminars lasting 50 minutes each will take place throughout the show. The schedule is:
• 9:30 a.m. kitchen and bathroom updates. David Drenkpohl from the Home Depot store in Coon Rapids will provide different solutions for different budgets.
• 10:30 a.m. lawns and landscapes after the drought. Kim Sullivan from the University of Minnesota Extension Service Anoka County Master Gardener program will give tips on rejuvenating and maintaining lawns after harsh droughts.
• 11:30 a.m. creating beauty in the Minnesota home landscape. Glenn Ray, a landscape artist from Masterpiece Landscape, Ltd. will lead this session to help understand people what they are placing where and why they are placing it there.
• 12:30 p.m. landscape buzz words. Diana Grundeen from Trio Landscaping will give a presentation about the hot trends for outdoor projects to impress friends with these new terms or find out if a property already has some of these key features.
• 1:30 p.m. 2014 color trends. Abi Rench, a designer and product specialist with The Sherwin Williams Company, will discuss how people can incorporate new color trends into their existing furnishings and decor and things to consider when selecting colors. Bring decorating ideas to discuss them with an expert.
An activities area for kids will be open during the show and include crafts and face painting. There will also be a sponsor treasure hunt and door prizes.
For more information about the show, visit northmetrohomeandgarden.com.
Eric Hagen is at [email protected]