• North Dakota State junior pitcher Parker Tretwin (Anoka) was named Summit League Pitcher of the Week after a win over Maine during the six-game spring break road trip to RussMatt Central Florida Invitational March 17. Tretwin improved to 2-1 with a career-high seven innings of work and 10 strike outs of shutout baseball. He gave up five hits and walked one. He struck out the side in the fifth and sixth innings and led the league with 9.15 strikeouts per game.
• St. Thomas senior diver Nick Johnson (Blaine) was voted Diver of the Year in the MIAC for the second straight season. He captured the conference one-meter diving title by setting a six-dive school record 314.70 points. The NCAA Division III national champiomship is March 19-21 in Indianapolis, Ind.
• Southwest Minnesota State University junior pitcher Joe Axelson (Spring Lake Park) was named Northern Sun Interscholastic Conference Pitcher of the Week for his work during a trip to Tuscon, Ariz.. Axelson tossed the eighth no-hitter in program history, and first since 2005, on March 12 in a 5-0 win over Bemidji State in non-conference play. He struck out seven and walked two in facing just two batters over the minimum in the seven-inning game. He earned a save in a 4-3 win over Northern State on March 10 and is 1-1 with a 2.25 ERA and 17 strikeouts in 20 innings.
• Beloit College sophomore Libby Storrick (Coon Rapids) was named Midwest Women’s Lacrosse Conference Offensive Player of the Week for the week ending March 16. Storrick, a midfielder, led the Buccaneers to two wins with nine goals and three assists and finished the week with 13 goals and three assists with a shooting percentage of 81.3 percent.
• Bethel University senior Courtney Fregeau (Andover) represented the Royals on the All-MIAC Sportsmanship Team at the conference indoor track and field championship.
Jason Olson is at