The Courtyards of Andover will come alive with energetic snaps of jazz and pops of popular tunes when the North Suburban Concert Band presents its annual Pops Concert there at 3 p.m. Sunday, May 4.
Each year, the Pops Concert includes upbeat selections of favorite music – and this year is no exception as the band performs pieces from “The Music Man,” “Fiddler on the Roof,” “The Sound of Music” and more.
Music lovers of all sorts can hit the dance floor and sing along with favorite songs performed by the concert band, jazz band, choral singers and ensembles.
Not only that, cabaret seating is plentiful for those who just want to sit back, tap their toes and enjoy the lively and entertaining music.
Folks and families can sit and relax at the tables while taking part in a complimentary potluck meal provided by band members.
So it’s food, fun and music for everyone at the Pops Concert.
Tickets for the Pops Concert are $8 for adults and free of charge for students and children under 18 years of age.
About the band
The North Suburban Concert Band includes members from across the north metro area. Rehearsals are held at Coon Rapids Middle School (11600 Raven St. NW, Coon Rapids) 7:30-9:30 p.m. every Monday evening during the school year.
New members are always welcome to join.
For more information, visit NSCband.org.
Musical selections on tap for NSCB
• “The Iliad” (Robert W. Smith)
• “Redemption” (Rossano Galante)
• Selections from “Wicked” (Stephen Schwartz)
• “The Sound of Music” (Richard Rodgers)
• Selections from “Fiddler on the Roof” (Sheldon Harnick)
• Selections from “The Music Man” (Meredith Wilson)
• Selections from “Les Miserables” (Arranged by Warren Barke)
• “The Wizard of Oz” (Harold Arlen and E.Y. Harburg)
Sue Austreng is at