Hard Charge, a national television series features weekend warriors as they compete in an event that puts them through four miles of mud, obstacles and unpredictable terrain. The show airs on Fox Sports North, every Friday at 11 p.m.
Hard Charge brings its televised series and obstacle course racing event to Pinehaven Farm in Wyoming, May 17, with action beginning at 8:30 a.m.
“What sets us apart from our competition is that we film the event and produce two to three one-hour television episodes at each event. Obstacle races or adventure racing has gained enormous popularity in the last few years, and we are the only company producing television associated with the event that airs nationally on a weekly basis,” explained Randy Stambaugh of Rush Point and director of event development. “We’ll draw participants from not only the immediate metro area, but from around the state and across the country. We have adult, kid and teen heats, so it is a great opportunity for people to participate as a family.”
• Four-mile course with more than 20 military-inspired obstacles
• Funds raised benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
• Fun team or individual event
• Designed for all fitness levels – charge for fun or charge for glory heats
• Charge for fun heats aren’t timed and participants may choose to skip obstacles with no penalty – goal is to finish and have fun
• Charge for glory heats are competitive – timed, marshaled and filmed for TV
• View past episodes anytime at HardCharge.com/watchnow.
President and Executive Producer, Greg Lang, says the event is an open casting call and anyone can participate.
The four-mile course features challenging obstacles such as “Cargo Charge,” “Hit the Wall” and “Vertical Vengeance.”
“If you’re a tad bit intimidated, that’s okay,” Lang says. “It’s meant to test and push your limits.”
The day kicks off at 8:30 a.m. with the men’s charge for glory heat and women’s glory heat at 9:30a.m. Charge forfun heats begin at 10 a.m. and continue into the afternoon.
The event also features charger village – a festival area with music, food, beverages, local vendors and amenities.
Registration is open through May 14.
Additional details on HARD CHARGE Minneapolis, including the complete pricing schedule, are available at HardCharge.com/minneapolis2014.