STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF ANOKA
TENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Civil Other: Declaratory Action
Court File: 02-CV-14-1443
U.S. Bank N.A., as Trustee
for the registered holders of MASTR Asset Backed Securities Trust, 2006-AM1, Mortgage Pass-Through Certificates, Series 2006-AM1,
Fong Peter Xiong, Joy Thao, and
Aames Funding Corporation DBA Aames Home Loan,
TO: THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within twenty (20) days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this summons located at: 8425 Seasons Parkway, Suite 105, Woodbury, Minnesota 55125.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within twenty (20) days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint.
If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Hennepin County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot 21, Block 6, Clover Leaf Farm, according to the recorded plat thereof, and situated in Anoka County, Minnesota
8. THE OBJECT OF THIS ACTION IS TO:
a. Obtain declaratory judgment establishing that U.S. Bank N.A., as Trustee for the registered holders of MASTR Asset Backed Securities Trust, 2006-AM1, Mortgage Pass-Through Certificates, Series 2006-AM1 is the current holder of the Mortgage dated September 16, 2005 and filed with the Anoka County Recorder on October 6, 2005, as Document No. 1978771.004.
Dated: March 24, 2014
WILFORD, GESKE & COOK, P.A.
By: /s/ Greta L. Burgett
Greta L. Burgett, #0390575
Attorneys for Plaintiff
8425 Seasons Parkway, Suite 105
Woodbury, MN. 55125
Published in the
Anoka County UnionHerald
May 9, 16, 23, 2014
US Bank vs