Former Ramsey City Councilmember David Elvig was sentenced June 17 in Anoka County District Court to 60 days in jail with credit for two days served and ordered to pay almost $25,000 in restitution for swindling from the employees of his personal business.
Flag Day was celebrated at the Anoka County Head Start Center in Coon Rapids June 14.
Top-seed Coon Rapids held true to form as pitcher Logan Shore no-hit Wayzata in a 2-0 win at Midway Stadium in the first of four Class AAA quarterfinals June 13.
- Golfers play through wet conditions at state meet: Andover’s Langlie places sixth
- Andover duo go 2-2 at state tennis tourney
- Lions girls’ golf earns first state title with consistency, determination
- Andover names new boys’ basketball coach
- Twins draft Shore but plans remain to head south for college
St. Francis Summer Children’s Theater is serving up a giant helping of community in its upcoming production of “The Little Mermaid, JR.”
Anoka Edward B. Cutter American Legion post 102 members helped veterans play the 6-5-4 dice game the evening of June 12 at the Minneapolis VA Hospital.
- Anoka County Board’s Rhonda Sivarajah to run for District 6 seat
- Officials: Awareness of, data on senior abuse is needed
- Sen. David Hann weighs a possible run in governor race, discusses Legislature issues
- Hunger remains a problem for kids on summer break in metro and Greater Minnesota
- DNR contracts with engineering firm to design “sweeping” electronic fish barrier at Lock and Dam No. 1