The Blaine City Council Oct. 2 approved a conditional use permit and preliminary plat for Summit Land to construct a 14 single family home development along Harpers Street and about a mile north of 125th Avenue.

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The city of Andover launched a revamped website Sept. 26 to “get to the next level” of interacting with the community, according to City Administrator Jim Dickinson.

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The Minnesota Office of Traffic Safety presented the Spring Lake Park Police Department with a new Stalker handheld radar for its work with the Toward Zero Deaths program.

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The timeline running the length of the east wall in the community room at the Anoka City Hall tells of many events occurring in the city of Anoka, happy and otherwise. For instance, we learn that in 1853 Orin W. Rice built the first bridge across the Rum River and that winter saw the opening of the first Anoka Post Office. During the school year of 1853-54 school was held in the Old Company Boarding House with Miss Julia Woodman instructing the children, and the first religious organization was a Methodist class organized in December, 1854. The first school house, the “Third Avenue School,” was built on Third Avenue South in 1955. The same year the first ferry was launched across the Mississippi at Anoka.

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow